Table for Two – about us
Why Table1095? We did the math, and…
3 meals a day x 365 days a year = 1095 opportunities to put something amazing on your table.
(We pronounce it Table Ten Ninety Five, because we like the alliteration.)
About the authors
Here are 10 Things (sorry, not 95 or 1095, we try to have lives and we know you do, too) about each of us.
- Salad enthusiast who hates—HATES—washing lettuce.
- On a quest for the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe.
- Only buys local, organic food…except for imported Japanese candy. In bulk.
- Would be lost without The Best Recipe by Cook’s Illustrated.
- Maxine’s mama and apple sauce-making minion.
- John’s sous chef (at best).
- Has no business cooking steak.
- Applied herself to becoming a carnivore, one Gray’s Papaya hotdog at a time.
- Can eat grotesque quantities of cheese.
- Refuses to believe that gin and tonics are only summertime drinks.
- Magazine maven.
- Used to drink red wine. Discovered tequila goes down smoother.
- Flexitarian…who makes her children order bacon in restaurants so she can eat it off their plates.
- Can’t make pie crust. No, really.
- Doesn’t own a single measuring spoon. (Note from Rachel—who CAN make pie crust: see number 4)
- Does an annual cleanse.
- Is incapable of cooking for two, which is good because her husband effortlessly consumes food for four.
- Flies out to California every few months to visit Maxine (and stock Rachel’s freezer).
- Granola guru.
- Doesn’t want to say that a day without chocolate is a stupid day, but let’s be real—it is.